Sunday, July 23, 2006

Singer Sewing Saturday

for the Knit Sock Kit Swap. On to the second kit! Inspired by the many varieties of bags everyone is making, thought that it would be fun to try something new.

BTW, Jeane received the first kit which included a felted bag and will soon receive an additional surprise in the mail. Shh! Am sure that she doesn't read my blog!




My Singer Featherweight has been stored in its case in the closet for quite a few months, unused. Although I like to quilt and sew, knitting and basketry have taken up my free "hobby" time. Time to bring it out!

So, in between the usual (and unexpected) Saturday happenings, I sorted through numerous fabric, and tried to figure out what would fit the receipient's (R) taste and personality. It would seem if one were to read someone's blog, it would be easy to figure out, but not for me! Wonder if my swapper is having an equally hard time?

Finally decided on a tote bag with shorter handles and reversible. Yes, I'm being a bit of a coward; what are the chances that R will not like either one? :0

Finished the bag on Saturday and assembled the main portion of the kit for the picture. Did not include R's favorite candy in the picture, as it would spoil the surprise.

Sorry Dad, I'm still working on your socks! I promise!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Can I be "R?" I just stumbled on your blog from the KSKS link, and I really like the package you put together. It's possible it's me I guess since I know I have an angel making my kit, and I really like Cherry Tree Hill, and I really like candy, and my name starts with an R. Oh please let it be me! If it's not, I'm sure my pal will also come up with something great, but that sure does look like a great package you've got there!

- Rachel

Anonymous said...

Yes, as a matter of fact, I AM having just as hard of a time. Grr! :P

Cathy said...

I'm sure that I will love the kit that you are putting together! :)