Saturday, July 01, 2006

It's fuzzy!


....and felted! Just placed it outside to get a better picture, but it's drying inside. I must admit something, however. The first bag I felted, was by washing machine. It took forever and plus, the washing machine was needed for laundry.

So......instead, I felt by hand in a pan in the kitchen sink, using hot water and dish detergent. If the water is super hot, I use a spoon to agitate the item. Yes, beat it with a spoon! It takes less time, honest! It does seem that I'm breaking some sort of rules; can't find anyone who does it this way.

Hi, I may be your mysterious kitter! The sock yarn is ready to go, and there are some fun extras to pick up. The bag may take a few days to dry, then it will be on its way! :)

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oooooo....Very pretty!

It's good to know that you can felt without a washing machine, I wasn't sure.

Dave said...

It turned out beautifully ... the colours really glow :-)

I used to felt by hand all the time. As you say, its quicker, and I think you have more control. It's easier if you have two sinks, one with hot water and one with cold - just go back and forth, agitating as much as you can, and presto!

chittavrtti said...

Thank you for the felting insight. The last time I felted it took three washes and still didn't smooth out (s'okay I still love the bag and use it).

I'm going to try your technique this time ***CV

Rox said...

I heart the bag. I covet the bag. I want the bag. Please, oh, please, let me be the recipient!

Scoutj said...

I am so hoping this goes to ME! :)

Anonymous said...

that looks fantastic!!

I've felted by hand before -- it is definitely faster, though sometimes I like to just let the machine do all the work (even though it takes longer).

Anonymous said...

It looks really wonderful. I agree about hand felting...I feel like I get some aggressions out, too, lol!

Heide said...

The felting method you described sounds much more satisfying and less guilt inducing than using a washing machine. The bag looks like stained glass. Very pretty! gkscrci