Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mystic Waters


Mystic Waters, a lace shawl KAL, will be my first lace project. There has been much indecision and angst in choosing:
  • yarn (color and weight)

  • size of needle

After much frogging (much needed practice!) and trying out different needles and yarns, I finally settled on a red variegated laceweight yarn from handpaintedyarns.com, and a size 4 needle. Much of the indecision was due to not really understanding how the lace should look. For example, how open should the project be? Does it look better when it's tighter or more open? Here's the first 78 rows:




3 comments:

stitchin' girl said...

Your shawl is GORGEOUS!! I never would have thought to do it in red, but it is so striking! Nice work. I love all your socks also :o)

June said...

This is really pretty! Lace knitting is all very subjective. All in the knitter's eyes and hands I think. If you like it, then it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous.