Thursday, August 23, 2007

Vacation knitting

It's great being on vacation. We're missing the traditional family vacation this year as my husband started a new job, and is not able to get away. Instead, it's a few day trips, some knitting, walking by the beach, some Back to School shopping, and some shameless slacking on my part. I was able to join the weekly knitting group which meets early Monday afternoon. There were many new faces and a couple of familiar ones. Projects ranged from socks, "double knitting" a blanket in a pattern (would love to try it!) to a baby hat. The group met at a Starbucks next to our LYS.

It's the second month since I joined Sockamania, and I've managed to complete both months of socks (just) in time. August's pattern, Spiralling Socks, by Anni, was interesting, and easy to follow. This pair are a Christmas present for one of my nieces.



The current project is for Socks for Soldiers. Kim runs fun contests for the group, and the yarn was won in a Fourth of July contest. I'm a bit embarrassed that it's been sitting around since then, and I've started a pair of soldier leisure socks. The self striping yarn is kind of fun; very patriotic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do beautiful work!