Saturday, June 24, 2006

Trip to the LYS

On Thursday, I visited a yarn shop (after work) which I've never been to before. It's about 1/2 hour away and was having a 30% off sale! :) Purchases included the Debbie Bliss's book, "simple living", a good amount of yarn (including sock yarn), and a felted bag kit. It took quite a while; there was so much yarn in the small shop, but was very well organized.

Have started the felted bag; this project should go pretty quickly. It may be earmarked for the KSKS buddy...........but I may make an equally interesting fabric bag instead. I'll make both, and then decide. Wonder if the KSKS organizers will mind if I ask and give her a choice?

When I checked out of the LYS, I was asked for my birthdate (including year!). This is not a time to trim years off one's age; one may be tempted to do the opposite! They have a birthday club, where you receive a discount of 1/2 off your age, which can be used from one week prior to your birthday- one week after your birthday. What a fun idea!

Will definitely visit again, even though there is a LYS one block away from my workplace.

The DH wondered whether it was worth it to visit the new shop, after all, it must have cost $6 to get there! After seeing the receipt, he had no comment! None needed................

No comments: