Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spring Shawl Surprise


Progress has been a bit slow for me on this KAL. It took a bit of practice to become familiar with the symbols and to follow the chart. My first mistake was with the empty cell, which stood for knit on the right side and purl on the wrong side, and my second was misinterpreting the "increase 2" symbol. After knitting the first 10 rows, and two mistakes, it was time to start over. So far, I've made it to 20 rows with no frogging, and things are going smoother. Adopting a careful, slower approach has helped; there's no rushing this project. The malabrigo laceweight is very soft, and enjoyable to knit with. The only thing that I've noticed is that the yarn is harder to frog than others I've used, its fibers tend to hold onto each other.

It's such a pretty pattern, though, that it's worth the effort. :)

No comments: