Friday, December 28, 2007

Lace Blocking



Mystic Waters was completed a week ago, and it's currently blocking. Hopefully, it will come out fine; I really have no idea what I'm doing! Pixisis (from Monday's SnB) offered a couple of really good tips: Mist the shawl (instead of soaking it), and pull it out gently at first; it can always be blocked more severly later. The blocking board that I used are the foam interlocking mats (intended as flooring), purchased from the home improvement store. As space is a premium, and there isn't a spare bed, the mats were a good choice. Almost ran out of pins though.

I had lunch with Mom yesterday for her birthday, and showed her the (unblocked) shawl. She liked the design and really liked the color.

Meanwhile, I've started a pair of charcoal gray wool/silk ribbed socks for Dave. The Christmas list (Socks for Everyone!) went well, but it was Socks for Many but not everyone. After the ribbed socks, it's more shawls: the Leaf Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark, and the two shawl KALs which start in January: Spring Shawl Surprise, and Secret of the Stole ii (both Yahoo & Ravelry groups). New yarn was purchased: Malabrigo Lace in Emerald and Misti Alpaca Lace in a sage green.



1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Welcome to the Secret of the Stole II. I am glad you are a part of the group and I hope you will enjoy the ride.
20 days and counting...